The trend of biopics is gaining prominence in Bollywood and actress Isha Koppikar says if she gets a chance, she would love to be part of one on either late prime minister Indira Gandhi or former police officer Kiran Bedi.
Isha is returning to Hindi films four years after “Shabri” with a revenge drama “Assi Nabbe Pure Sau”.
At an event to showcase the first look of the film, Isha was asked who she wanted to make a biopic on. To that, she said: “I haven’t exactly thought about it. I am fond of strong characters…I’d like to make one on the lives of Kiran Bedi or Indira Gandhi. Or perhaps any character that you can choose from mythology.”
- Kiran Bedi hits back at CM V Narayanasamy; says she is on a mission and not a job to quit
- Kiran Bedi fiat: Free rice only if villages ODF; she has no clue, says Puducherry CM V Narayanasamy
- Puducherry Chief Minister Narayanasamy says Lt Governor Kiran Bedi ‘blocking all files’
- Isha Koppikar to make comeback with ‘Assi Nabbe Pure Sau’
- Mallika Sherawat: I’d love to play Indira Gandhi
- Bollywood actress Isha Koppikar weds in Mumbai
The success of biopics like “Mary Kom” and “Bhaag Milkha Bhaag” have prompted other biopics too.
Meanwhile, in “Assi Nabbe Pure Sau”, Isha is playing a strong character against the backdrop of revenge and a story spread over several decades. This, Isha claimed, is inspired from various events in real life.
The film, directed by Ankur Bhatia, also stars Divyendu Sharma. It will go on the floors around October this year.