Actor Irrfan Khan says film fraternity needs to stand together against piracy.
The 49-year-old Piku star says many other films have been the victim of piracy in the past and source of the leak is probably the same.
“Such cases (online leaks) have happened in past as well. Industry should come together to fight against this. I feel the source of all these leaks is same,” Irrfan told reporters.
The recent victim of piracy was controversy-laden film Udta Punjab, which hit the theaters on Friday (June 17). The Abhishek Chaubey-directed film was leaked online two days prior to its release.
- After Sarkar and Thugs of Hindostan, Tamilrockers threatens to leak Rajinikanth’s 2.0
- Sarkar full movie leaked online by Tamilrockers, Vijay fans discourage piracy
- Vishal Bhardwaj: Aamir Khan is the only daring actor
- Irrfan Khan, SRK, Imtiaz Ali voice concern over film piracy
- Watch film ‘Udta Punjab’ in theatres, urges Bollywood
- Udta Punjab leaked: Shahid Kapoor, Alia Bhatt, Karan Johar decry piracy
However, the Jazbaa actor says it will hardly effect the business of the movie.
“I think the leak will hardly effect Udta Punjab as the hype around the movie is really great,” he added.
Irrfan is the newest addition to the array of Bollywood celebrities, who have raised their voice against piracy.