Despite working in the film industry for nearly four decades and winning several accolades for his performances, actor Anil Kapoor has revealed that his three children are not fan of him or his work.
In Kapoor’s family, his elder daughter Sonam is a popular actress, younger daughter Rhea is a producer and son Harshvardhan is also an actor. But all of them are not biased while expressing their views about each other’s work.
“We all are very honest with each other’s work. No one is a fan of each other, everyone takes class of each other. They (children) are not like look at our father what great work he has done. Even I don’t look at it that way when it comes to what Sonam and Rhea have done so far,” Anil told PTI.
The Dil Dhadakne Do star reveals his children have not seen a lot of his films.
“They (children) have not seen many of my films. I think my son has hardly seen my work. They belong to a different school of films,” he said.
- Sonam Kapoor: Anand didn’t blink when I told him I was flying to Cannes two days after the wedding
- It’s Veere Di Wedding reloaded for Sonam Kapoor and Kareena Kapoor in London, see photos
- Harshvardhan Kapoor: Bhavesh Joshi is realistic and not a larger than life superhero film
- Harshvardhan Kapoor: Anil Kapoor would have been fit for Bhavesh Joshi Superhero
- Sonam Kapoor thanks Anil Kapoor for loving her and Anand Ahuja ‘unconditionally’
- Sonam Kapoor-Anand Ahuja wedding: All you should know about the three-day starry affair
On the day the trailer of 24 was launched, the teaser of Mirziya, that marks Harshvardhan’s debut in Bollywood, was out too.
According to Kapoor, it was a moment of double celebration for him.
“It’s a mind blowing teaser. It’s fantastic. I don’t want to talk about it. He (Harshvardhan) and his work will speak for itself,” he said.
“There are people who don’t even know that he is my son, people thought I have two daughters. I have not spoken about him or taken him with me. I think it is better if it happens organically (referring to popularity),” he said.
The 59-year-old star reveals that in his family everyone has their own opinion, but he isn’t keen on talking about his son yet.
“In my house we all are strong individuals, have their own voices and mind. I believe the team of the film (Mirziya) will talk about the movie when the time is right,” he said.
Mirziya, directed by Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra, stars Harshvardhan Kapoor and Saiyami Kher in lead roles.