Actor Rajpal Yadav has always been considered a comedian despite playing serious roles in films like ‘Darna Mana Hai’, ‘Darna Zaroori Hai’ and ‘Main Madhuri Dixit Banna Chahti Hoon’. And he isn’t too pleased with the tag.
At the trailer launch of his upcoming film ‘Thoda lutf thoda ishq’, Rajpal told reporters: “This fight about a comedian has been going on since 10 years. I never wanted to become a comedian and I’m not a comedian either. And I don’t want any tag of a comedian. ”
Rajpal considers himself merely a “student of acting”
- Rajpal Yadav and wife Radha Yadav convicted in a Rs 5 crore loan case
- Rajpal Yadav: I am glad to be working throughout my career so far
- Rajpal Yadav: People rush to typecast me as a comedian, I pity them
- I don’t like the tag of comedy: Rajpal Yadav
- Rajpal Yadav dedicates role in ‘Bhopal: A Prayer for Rain’ to victims
- Bollywoods little big man on turning director,work in Hollywood
“During the acting journey, whatever characters we receive, I enjoy essaying the mentality of these characters.My basic focus is to entertain viewers. And I’ve never believed in categorization in acting such as comedian and others,” he said.
He also feels privileged to do theatre for almost 15 years, acting in almost 500 plays.
“I seek pleasure in my roles. I accept roles which give me pleasure and refuse the ones which don’t,” he said.
Rajpal will be seen with Hiten tejwani in his upcoming film which releases on July 10, and also stars Neha Pawar, Sanjay Mishra, Rakesh Bedi and Bhavita Anand.