R. Madhavan has shown his talent on the small screen in the past, but the actor says he will not do more fiction shows on TV.
“I will not do fiction shows on TV. I feel whatever said and done, a film star is a film star. There are some wonderful TV actors who are doing a good job but, when a film actor does TV then he gets back to the same small screen zone,” Madhavan, who was appreciated for his role in the 1990s TV show “Sea Hawks”, told IANS.
- R Madhavan shares a sweet post about ‘his idol, the real Kamli from Sanju’
- R Madhavan celebrates birthday on the sets of Shah Rukh Khan’s Zero
- Karan Kundrra on Ekta Kapoor’s Dil Hi Toh Hai: Thank god there is no ‘rona-dhona’
- TV actor Aasif Sheikh joins Salman Khan’s Bharat
- Akshay Kumar’s Rowdy Rathore 2 script ready, to be produced by Sanjay Leela Bhansali
- Just like Amitabh Bachchan, the idea is to be ahead of the curve: R Madhavan
“I’ve done some wonderful performance on TV…even better than films. But once people watch it, they just forget it. The impact is not strong. So, films and TV are different. In Hollywood, the quality of TV is way better than films,” he added.
Madhavan is currently busy promoting his film “Tanu Weds Manu Returns”.
Talking about the film, he said: “This story begins after four years of their marriage. It’s about how your life changes and what problems you face. It’s a sequel in the true sense.”
Directed by Anand L. Rai, “Tanu Weds Manu Returns” is a sequel to “Tanu Weds Manu”.