Actor Kunal Kapoor, who is returning on the big screen after a gap of almost three years with Nila Madhab Panda’s directorial “Kaun Kitney Paani Mein”, says he intend to do a lot more work after the release of this film.
Kunal was last seen in the 2012 release “Luv Shuv Tey Chicken Khurana” with Huma Qureshi.
The actress was present at the trailer launch of “Kaun Kitne Paani Mein” here on Wednesday when he was asked to explain why he is doing less film and is there any plan to do more movies after “Kaun Kitne Paani Mein”.
- Arvind Kejriwal watches Kunal Kapoor’s ‘Kaun Kitney Paani Mein’
- Kunal Kapoor: I’m meeting producers and directors with my scripts
- Kunal Kapoor to turn writer post Kaun Kitne Paani Mein, says is working on three scripts
- Hrithik Roshan showers praise on buddy Kunal Kapoor, watch video
- ‘Kaun Kitne Paani Mein’ trailer: Saurabh Shukla’s comic timing and his war for water
- After Shekhar Kapur’s Paani, yet another film on water scarcity
“I hope so… I was just looking back at my career and I have realised that I have done very few films and I don’t think that’s a good idea. I intend to to a lot more work,” he said.
Kunal made his debut in 2005 with M.F. Husain-directed “Meenaxi: A Tale of Three Cities”. After that he did multi-starrer films like “Rang De Basanti”, “Laaga Chunari Mein Daag”, “Don” and “Aaja Nachle”, among others.
Explaining the reason for doing very few films in his decade-old career, he said he only does films that excite him.
“There are two ways in life… one is just do whatever comes your way and the other is just do what excites you. So far I have chosen the latter. Hopefully, there will be scripts that I enjoy so I will be able to stick to the latter, but if that is not a possibility then I think I have to take a slight step towards the other side,” he added.
“Kaun Kitney Paani Mein” talks about the issue of water crisis in India and also stars Radhika Apte, Gulshan Grover and Saurabh Shukla in key roles.
The film is slated to hit the theatres later this year.