“First time when I saw them (SRK-Kajol) I was spellbound… I was starring at them. They are one of the most loved couples. People are going to watch them after so many years. It’s just going to be amazing,” the 28-year-old actor said at an event here.
Shah Rukh is teaming up with Kajol after their last outing “My Name is Khan” in 2010.
Reportedly, Sanjay Leela Bhansali’s magnum opus “Bajirao Mastani” might clash with “Dilwale” at the box-office in December this year.
- SRK-Kajol don’t take their stardom for granted: Varun Sharma
- I was nervous about doing action in ‘Dilwale’: Varun Dhawan
- Shah Rukh Khan, Kajol’s chemistry looks real: Varun Dhawan
- Kajol and I are the worst best dancers in the world: Shah Rukh Khan
- I was star-struck by SRK, Kajol: Varun Sharma
- Shah Rukh Khan’s chemistry with Kajol ‘flows with ease’ in the picture shared by him
On the likely release of the two big films, Varun said, “I have no idea about this. I know ‘Dilwale’ is coming on December 18. Our shoot is going on in full force. I can’t comment on what they are doing. All the best to them.”
There were also rumours that Karan Johar’s “Brothers” was first offered to him before the role went to his “Student of the Year” co-star Siddharth Malhotra, but Varun denied.
The “Badlapur” star also clarified that he has not replaced Arjun Kapoor in “Revolution 2020”.
“No, it is not true. I am doing ‘Dilwale’ and ‘Dishoom’,” he added.
“I don’t know about all these reports as I am travelling most of the time. I was shooting in Bulgaria and now I will be going to Morocco so there is no time to react,” he said.
Varun will also be working in Karan Johar’s “Shuddhi” opposite Alia Bhatt.