Varun Dhawan, known for his brilliant dance moves, says he is too “new” to fall into the league of Bollywood’s best dancers.
Varun, 28, who will be next seen in Remo D’Souza’s “ABCD 2”, said Hrithik Roshan has been his inspiration behind taking up dance seriously.
“In terms of dancing, Hrithik is an inspiration to our generation. He is brilliant at what he does. That’s his style. My style is different too. So, we should carry on with our own style and don’t compare,” Varun told reporters during the promotion of “ABCD 2” here.
The “Badlapur” star feels it is good that people are comparing the upcoming film, a sequel to the 2013 film “ABCD”, with Hollywood’s “Step Up”.
- IPL 2018 behind the scenes: Varun Dhawan and Prabhudheva cheer for Mumbai and Chennai teams, Tamannaah-Jacqueline all praise for each other
- IPL 2018 opening ceremony: Hrithik Roshan, Tamannaah Bhatia, Prabhudheva and others give captivating performances
- IPL 2018 opening ceremony: Ranveer Singh backs out, Varun Dhawan and Hrithik Roshan all set to rock the show
- Bulleya singer Amit Mishra wants to lend his voice for Hrithik Roshan
- Before Varun Dhawan-Katrina Kaif’s dance film, watch these Bollywood dance movies
- Varun Dhawan, Katrina Kaif and Prabhu Deva to have a dance battle in Remo D’Souza next, watch video
“‘Step Up’ is ‘ABCD 2’ of America. Honestly, the comparison even happened with the first film. But let the audience decide what it feels. It’s flattering that you are comparing us to one of the best dance films,” he said.
“ABCD 2” is the story about real life struggles of couple of choreographers, who went on to win the World Hip-Hop dance championship.
“Dance is the real star of the film. We rehearsed six months for the dance in the movie. At least physically, this has been the toughest film for me because I had to get in the best shape to play a dancer. We play Indias’s finest dancers in the film,” he said.