Though he finds certain things about life beautiful, internationally acclaimed Indian actor Irrfan Khan also wishes to see his “death with consciousness” as he is “very fascinated” with it.
Irrfan has mostly played serious and intense roles on-screen, but the 48-year-old who accompanied his co-star Deepika Padukone and director Shoojit Sircar during a promotional event of “Piku” here on Monday said he would love to show more of his romantic as well as comic side in films.
“I’m a shy guy. I’ve a lot of dreams. I’ve lots of issues. I see life as a very transient thing. I’m very fascinated with death. I want to see my death with all my consciousness, which I think is not possible,” said Irrfan.
- Irrfan Khan exudes positivity in new Twitter display picture
- Karwaan trailer: Irrfan Khan, Mithila Palkar and Dulquer Salmaan take a roller coaster ride
- Irrfan on his battle with cancer: All I could do was to realise my strength and play my game better
- Irrfan Khan’s latest tweet for Dulquer Salmaan and Mithila Palkar has gone viral
- Before Blackmail, a look at the box office performance of Irrfan Khan’s last five films
- Amitabh Bachchan lauds Irrfan Khan’s Blackmail, says ‘happy to see such creativity’
“But there are certain things where I find life beautiful. I find this existence as magic like a ‘chamatkar’. I have sense of wonder which keeps me bust with so many things, and I’ve love quotient in me. I would love to show my romantic side on-screen,” he added.
“Piku” explores the beautiful relationship of a father (played by megastar Amitabh Bachchan), who deals with the problem of constipation, and a daughter (Deepika Padukone). Irrfan plays a mediator of sorts between the two.
The film, which also stars Moushumi Chatterjee, Raghuvir Yadav and Jishu Sengupta among others, will release on Friday.