She may be proud of her daughter Sanah for making a confident debut with “Shaandaar”, but actress Supriya Pathak says she was not willing to let Sanah choose acting as her profession.
The 54-year-old actress, who has been in showbiz for the past three decades, said she did not want her to go through the stress and frustration that comes with being an actor.
“I didn’t want Sanah to be an actress. I was very concerned. I think the only thing wrong about our profession is the frustration you go through, when you don’t have work, when you are going up or down. All the time the stress is there. I am sure it is there in other professions as well, but I know better about my profession,” Supriya told PTI.
- Khichdi actor Supriya Pathak: I love Hansa and am happiest while playing the role
- Khichdi actor Supriya Pathak: Shahid is very dear to me and he gave me the best gift in Misha
- Dream to work with my daughter Sanah: Supriya Pathak
- Vikas Bahl is among top directors of India: Sanjay Kapoor
- Alia Bhatt was very supportive in ‘Shaandaar’: Sanah Kapur
- Sanah intimidated more by dad than brother Shahid Kapoor
However, the “Goliyon Ki Rasleela Ram-Leela” star got convinced when Sanah reasoned her saying stress comes with each and every profession.
“She was just five when she told me about her desire to become an actress. I was shocked. But, she eventually put it very nicely and said ‘Mom even if I become a doctor I will be going through the same thing. So, why not do what I love doing.’ I realised that if she wants to do it let her do it.”
Surpiya feels she and her actor husband Pankaj Kapur have given their daughter the perfect upbringing and are confident that she can take care of herself. “Me and Pankaj have given her the grounding. We know she can be by herself. She is very hardworking girl, because that has been inculcated into her through her father. She is a very strong person and her values are correct,” she said.