Actor Jackky Bhagnani stepped into Irffan Khan‘s shoes for “Welcome To Karachi” after the latter walked out of the film due to his other commitments. But the younger actor does not feel he can ever “replace” a “supreme actor” like Irrfan.
“I feel Irrfan sir is a supreme actor. I can never replace him. I’m a big fan of him,” Jackky said here during the trailer launch of “Welcome To Karachi”.
- Welcome 2 Karachi review: Arshad Warsi, Jackky Bhagnani’s film is decidedly low-brow, low-rent, and refuses to take itself seriously
- ‘Welcome to Karachi’ satire on global politics: Director Ashish R Mohan
- Jackky Bhagnani to work outside his home banner now
- Jackky Bhagnani wants dance-based film with Remo D’Souza
- Lauren Gottlieb made Jackky Bhagnani look like ‘loser’
- Jackky Bhagnani to replace Irrfan Khan in Welcome To Karachi?
Directed by Ashish R. Mohan, “Welcome To Karachi” also features Arshad Warsi and Lauren Gottlieb. The film is slated for May 21 release.
Once Jackky became a part of the film, a few scenes were changed.
Explaining that, Arshad said: “Irrfan was a more mature actor. Jackky is a younger actor… and so you have to incorporate that (the changes) in the film.”