Bollywood actress Huma Qureshi, who has been shooting for the Indian remake of the 2013 horror film ‘Oculus’ for almost two months in London with brother Saqib Saleem, will now again be packed for a 40-day schedule of a Malayalam film ‘White’. Huma, who makes her debut in Malayalam cinema with White, will be seen opposite superstar Mammootty.
Directed by Uday Ananthan, ‘White’ is an unusual love story between an older man, a billionaire and a 25-year-old woman who meet in the Queen’s City.
Talking about her Indian remake of the 2013 horror film ‘Oculus’, Huma’s character has to exonerate her brother (originally played by Brenton Thwaites) from a murder charge by proving that the death was caused by a menacing ghost. The Hollywood team of the movie is also working closely with director Prawaal Raman from scripting to filming and post-production.
- Huma Qureshi’s funky take on pantsuits is refreshing
- Bollywood Fashion Watch for July 3: Janhvi Kapoor wins brownie points for her stunning sartorial choices; so does Huma Qureshi
- Huma Qureshi on working with Rajinikanth in Kaala: I am honoured to play this part
- Good content reaches out to wider audience, says Huma Qureshi
- Proud to be Saqib’s co-actor in ‘Dobaara’: Huma Qureshi
- Will not bind myself to language: Huma Qureshi
Having her both hands full, Huma Qureshi is also busy with Gurinder Chadha’s period drama ‘Viceroy’s House’, which is currently being shot in Jodhpur. Like the title suggests, Viceroy’s House was the home of the British rulers in India.
In 1947, for six months, Lord Louis Francis Albert Victor Nicolas Mountbatten, the last Viceroy, lived upstairs with his wife, Edwina, and daughter, while 500 Hindu, Muslim and Sikh servants lived downstairs.
“Huma’s allotted a month and-a-half to the period drama which is set against the turbulent backdrop of the Partition. She is part of Lord Mountbatten’s entourage and there’s a beautiful love story woven in between her and another member of the staff,” a source said.
“It’s been all work for the actress but she’s not cribbing given that they are all exciting projects,” he added.