S.S. Rajamouli’s magnum opus “Baahubali”, which has emerged as one of the biggest Indian blockbusters, has now caught the attention of international buyers, so much so that the distributors in Europe are fighting for its rights.
International rights of “Baahubali” have already been sold in Latin America and China among a few places outside of India.
“There’s a great demand for ‘Baahubali’ in Europe. Never before there’s been so much demand for an Indian film. Several distributors are literally fighting to buy the film’s rights. This is really good from Indian films’ perspective,” filmmaker and European distributor Pierre Assouline said here.
- Once a Trump favorite, Harley Davidson now feels the pinch from trade war
- Baahubali special screening in Pakistan, SS Rajamouli to reach Karachi today
- Never get tired of why Katappa killed Baahubali question: Baahubali director S S Rajamouli
- ‘Baahubali’ to release in China in May
- Baahubali will create market for graphic novels in India: S.S. Rajamouli
- Karan Johar said ‘Baahubali’ looks like Avatar: Rana Daggubati
Talking on the sidelines of Indywood Film Market (IMF), he said: “Film market is the need of the hour. It helps in finding films international distributors. I’m sure there are many good Indian films that deserve a release in other countries as well”.
Assouline is among several distributors who’ve come to attend IMF, hoping to find Indian films to invest in.