Actor Gulshan Devaiah, who comes from a non-film background, feels it is vital to maintain “friendship” with people in the movie industry.
The “Hunterrr” actor told IANS: “I think it’s very important to maintain a good relationship with the industry people. I have a good relationship with Vivek Agnihotri and Anurag Kashyap among others… Friendship is very important in this industry.”
However, friendships are not what will help one last long.
- Smoke actor Gulshan Devaiah: I love challenging myself with different roles
- Gulshan Devaiah: Smoke’s appeal is raw and gritty in comparison to Dum Maaro Dum
- Gulshan Devaiah finds inspiration in Anurag Kashyap for role
- Gulshan Devaiah to play director in next
- Worked in ‘Peddlers’ purely out of love: Gulshan Devaiah
- Gulshan Devaiah, Kalki Koechlin prepare for ‘Love Affair’
“As far as your work is concerned, it depends on your talent. Beyond a point, it’s only your talent that will help you sustain,” he said.
Gulshan says that before signing any film, he also consults his wife.
“I discuss films with my wife. My wife (Kalliroi Tziafeta) is also an actress. If I have a mental block with something, I discuss it with her,” he said.
Is Gulshan also interested in directing films?
He said: “I am not interested in direction at all. I am interested in characters. I am an actor and I want to prove myself as an actor at this point of time.”