Anushka Sharma, who was brought up in an army family and transited from modelling to acting, feels she is self-made and is “very proud” of this.
“As an actress, I feel I have been given this life and I want to make the most of it. I don’t want to be seen everywhere. I am grateful for the fame. I am self-made and I feel very proud of that. At the same time, I treat my work with a lot of respect so it’s like a gift for me,” Anushka, who has shared screen space with superstars like Shah Rukh Khan and Aamir Khan, told IANS.
- Have you seen these photos of Ranveer Singh, Katrina Kaif and Anushka Sharma?
- Sui Dhaaga actor Varun Dhawan: Patriotism needs to be felt, not said
- Rajkummar Rao: Acting has made me beautiful
- Aanand L Rai is all praise for Zero actor Shah Rukh Khan
- Zero: It’s a wrap for Anushka Sharma
- Dil Hi Toh Hai actor Yogita Bihani: From watching Karan Kundra’s show to now playing his heroine, I am living my dreams
“I never really worked towards it (working with the Khans of the film industry). For me, it’s always been about the script and the director. In my career, I feel fortunate I could work with them,” added the actress, now paired with Salman Khan in the forthcoming film “Sultan”.
What changes has she seen in showbiz as far as women are concerned?
She said: “I think it’s to do with things changing in the world. Ten years ago, on the film sets you would not find so many girls working. Nowadays, so many assistants… whether it’s costume or cinematography, so many assistants are women. I would say it’s a welcome change.”