“Ever since I was a kid, I have been a fan of Amitabh Bachchan and Rishi Kapoor’s films. I have always felt like a classic man and one who has been from the ’60s and ’70s. I feel the classic touch of fashion suits me best,” Fawad told PTI on the sidelines of Giovani India event here.
The clothing brand announced Fawad as their brand ambassador.
The actor, who made Bollywood debut with “Khoobsurat”, said Hollywood actor-director Paul Newman remains his favourite style icon.
On Bollywood’s general style statement, Fawad said though he finds it bit loud, he doesn’t mind wearing such attire as long as he carries it well.
- Rishi Kapoor remembers Prithviraj Kapoor on his 47th death anniversary
- 102 Not Out box office collection day 4: Amitabh Bachchan film sees growth
- 102 Not Out director Umesh Shukla: Amitabh Bachchan and Rishi Kapoor were like students on sets
- VIDEO: Amitabh Bachchan gets heartwarming wishes from a ‘103 not out’ fan on the Internet
- How Nargis Dutt got Rishi Kapoor to give his first ever shot
- Fawad Khan is a fan of Amitabh Bachchan, Rishi Kapoor
“Anything loud doesn’t have to be unfashionable. I wouldn’t mind wearing it as long as I wear it in my style. Most important is how you carry it. I have seen my share of Indian cinema,” he said.
“Fashion has evolved through times. Post 2000, the fashion sense has refined the most. There is so much of versatility now that I don’t think we should limit ourselves to what is trending,” he added.
The “Khuda Ke Liye” actor dubs his “Khoobsurat” co-star Sonam Kapoor as B-town’s fashion icon.
“Among actress (Bollywood), I have worked with one of them, Sonam Kapoor. She is one fashion icon and has a great sense of fashion. Among guys, I like all of them but I think Imran Khan’s dress sense is very tasteful,” he said.