By: Press Trust of India | Mumbai | Published: April 7, 2015 8:31:06 pm
“Fast and Furious 7” made the highest opening weekend collection for a Hollywood movie in India by grossing Rs 70 crores from 2600 screens across the country, according to Universal Pictures India.
The movie, dubbed in Hindi, Tamil and Telugu, marked the final appearance of Paul Walker who died in a car crash before finishing shooting on the movie. His brothers stood in for certain scenes involving the late actor.
- Furious 7′ races to USD 800.5 million at box office
- ‘Fast & Furious 7’ grosses Rs 100 cr in India
- Advantage Hollywood, On Alert Bollywood
- ‘Furious 7’ destroys records with $143.6 million debut
- Thriller Friday: ‘Detective Byomkesh Bakshy!’, ‘Furious 7’ release today
- Paul Walker’s last movie ‘Furious 7’ to release in India on April 2
‘Fast and Furious’ veterans Vin Diesel, Dwayne Johnson, Michelle Rodriguez, Ludacris, Jordana Brewster returned for the 7th installment. Indian actor Ali Fazal had a guest appearance in the movie.
“Fast and Furious is undoubtedly one of the world’s biggest franchises. We expected huge numbers to come from India in the first weekend itself. This is a huge achievement for a Hollywood movie in India. Hopefully, it will continue to go strong and attract more audiences to the theatres in the coming weeks,” Sarabjit Singh, GM, Universal Pictures India said in a statement.