Eros International, a global company in the Indian film entertainment industry, on Tuesday (June 21) announced the sequel to the 2001 political thriller Nayak, in association with Deepak Mukut’s Soham Rockstar Entertainment.
Produced by Eros International and Mukut, the film will be scripted by script writer K.V. Vijayendra Prasad who has written blockbusters like Bajrangi Bhaijaan and Baahubali.
Continuing from the earlier film, the sequel will be a political satire with romance as the backdrop. The sequel will also introduce fresh characters while retaining some of the old ones including the lead character, Shivaji Rao from Nayak, which starred Anil Kapoor.
- Mulk box office collection prediction: Rishi Kapoor and Taapsee Pannu’s film to mint Rs 2 crore on Day 1
- Baahubali writer KV Vijayendra Prasad penning sequels of Nayak, Rowdy Rathore
- Anil Kapoor’s Nayak gets a sequel
- Political thriller ‘Nayak’ to get sequel written by scriptwriter of ‘Baahubali’
- Eros International acquires worldwide rights of ‘Rock On 2’
- ‘Nayak Returns’ to have a fresh subject: Anil Kapoor
Sunil Lulla, Managing Director, Eros International Media Ltd. said in a statement: “Nayak created ripples on its release and was one of the most successful political satires of its time. It’s the apt time to plan the sequel in the current political milieu.”
Mukut shared that it was a very popular film and continues to be widely watched on television. “We have bought the rights of the film and the action promises to be even bigger and better. We will soon begin the casting process and are very excited about the project.”