Bollywood megastar Amitabh Bachchan disapproves of fans who try to seek blessings from any celebrity or ask them to name their children.
The 72-year-old, who greets his fans outside his house every Sunday, said that over the years, he has discovered many unique “modus operandi” of meeting him.
“Many seek blessings from celebrities, names for their children and on. This is disapproved. I am not worthy of blessings nor intelligent enough to give a name. Please do not put me through that ordeal! It would be horrible for a child to live through his entire life saddled with a name that was not his parents’ calling,” Big B wrote on his blog.
- Amitabh Bachchan shares a lovely throwback photo with Jaya Bachchan on their wedding anniversary
- Amitabh Bachchan to return with Kaun Banega Crorepati 10. Here’s how you can be on the hot seat
- Amitabh Bachchan’s punctuality is the secret behind his success
- Mother’s Day 2018: Amitabh Bachchan, Aishwarya Rai Bachchan, Sonam Kapoor share moving posts
- Amitabh Bachchan: I do not believe in the formalities of being a celebrity
- Seeking blessings from celebrity is wrong: Amitabh Bachchan
Sharing one incident of meeting a young fan, the “Don” actor feels that people often use their children to get his autograph.
“A little fellow once came to me on a crowded occasion, and asked for my autograph, looking completely puzzled and hassled. He was having problems pronouncing ‘autograph’… photograph, auto car, and some other contortions were with effort struggling to form out of his chubby face,” Big B said.
“He was precocious and honest. When I asked him his name, he promptly told me that. When I asked him what my name was he said: ‘I don’t know your name. My Father asked me to come to you, so I have come’!!. hahahaha.. cute,” added the megastar.