“I dare not think of saying no to her. She insisted, and of course, I am also very impressed with the director AR Murugadoss. He personally came to me and I said, ‘your wish is my desire and I shall do that’. So yes, I am doing the film for director AR Murugadoss and my daughter Sonkakshi,” said Shatrughan.
The actor was awarded the “Officer of Legion of the Honor”, which is the highest French Civilian Distinction, by the government of France here in Mumbai.
- I enjoy doing comedy because I’m a funny person in real life: Sonakshi Sinha
- Sonakshi Sinha: Regional cinema’s style of work better than Bollywood
- Sonakshi will emerge as role model: Shatrughan Sinha
- Thought I could look convincing in action role: Sonakshi Sinha
- Sonakshi’s command made me sign ‘Akira’: Shatrughan Sinha
- Sonakshi Sinha is Lady Rajinikanth of Mumbai: A.R. Murugadoss
Along with the actor, former Union Minister for Finance & External affairs, Yashwant Sinha, was also honored with the distinction.
Being produced by Fox Star Studios, “Akira”, a thriller movie, is the Hindi remake of 2011 Tamil hit “Mounaguru” and stars Sonakshi Sinha, Konkona Sen Sharma, Anurag Kashyap and Shatrughan Sinha in lead roles.