Dilwale and Bajirao Mastani have finally released today (December 18) and the movie’s reviews are out. Both the movies have got mixed reviews.
Here are a few pointers for moviegoers, who plan to watch both the movies over the weekend. Shubhra Gupta has a few reasons:
1. Indian Express critic Shubhra Gupta says Shah Rukh Khan is the only thing worth watching in the movie when he switches on the wattage (Kajol can shine, too, when she chooses to).
2. SRK’s track with old flame Kajol, which is meant to be the film’s mainstay, keeps coming and going. And the other bit parts come and go, too, pretty much on a whim. (Read: Reasons why you should watch Bajirao Mastani before Dilwale)
3. And for old times sake and our love for SRK and Kajol, they recreate magic this time onscreen too. When SRK and Kajol look into each other’s eyes, they can still make you feel it.
Read: Dilwale review
4. The film takes a detour to Bulgaria for a most improbable back-story, involving the main lead pair, gangs, and guns and bullets, but gets back to its tiresome old haunts and habits soon enough.
6. And if you love comedy then there is the very taltented Johnny Lever as a car thief, and Sanjay Misra as a pony-tailed receiver of stolen cars, and Boman Irani as a pink-jacketed mobster with a love of vintage cars.
7. And for any action lover there are cars. “Yes, cars do play a big part here, as they do in most Shetty films. And yes, a couple blow up most satisfactorily.”