Deepika Padukone feels the upcoming box office clash between her film “Bajirao Mastani” and Shah Rukh Khan’s “Dilwale” is exaggerated and the actress says both the movies have enough space to do well. “Dilwale” and Deepika’s period drama are scheduled for release on December 18.
“It is not as complicated as it is made to sound or written. It is very simple. The kind of film they are making and we are working on are very different from each other,” Deepika Padukone told reporters here at the launch of first song from ‘Bajirao Mastani’.
“I think “Bajirao Mastani” is so consuming that we don’t have time to worry about who is doing what. We have our own deadlines. In the process, if some other films come I think there is enough space for both of them to come and do well,” Deepika added.
“Bajirao Mastani”, a love saga, also features Deepika’s “Ram Leela” co-star Ranveer Singh and actress Priyanka Chopra in lead roles. While “Dilwale” is a comedy-action film, directed by Rohit Shetty. It also stars Kajol, Varun Dhawan and Kriti Sanon.
- Dilwale takes edge over Bajirao Mastani, gets an occupancy of 70 per cent on opening day
- Dilwale, Bajirao Mastani: SRK-Kajol, Deepika-Ranveer’s movies are today’s mega releases
- Bajirao Mastani vs Dilwale at box office: SRK, Bhansali’s face-off again after eight years
- Will miss Shah Rukh Khan during ‘Bajirao Mastani’ release: Deepika Padukone
- Deepika Padukone: I have personal equation with Shah Rukh Khan
- BO clash of Shah Rukh Khan’s “Dilwale”, “Bajirao Mastani” unfortunate: Priyanka Chopra
Deepika, 29, said she does not understand box office statistics and her only concern is that her movie and “Dilwale” belong to different genres. “I am not a producer, I don’t understand the number of screens… the numbers and all that. All I know is that movie is different from our film,” she added.
“Bajirao Mastani” reunites Deepika and Ranveer with their “Ram Leela” helmer Sanjay Leela Bhansali.