After missing a chance to address a rally in Bihar due to an “overwhelming turnout” because of which his chopper couldn’t land, actor Ajay Devgn feels the organisers were not prepared for such a large meeting and urged better arrangements in future.
Ajay, who was supposed to address a meeting in Biharsharif on support of BJP candidate Sunil Kumar earlier this week, just waved at the crowd from his helicopter which was reportedly not allowed to land on security grounds.
“Didn’t expect such an overwhelming turnout at Bihar rallies yesterday (October 13), my request to administration for better arrangements next time,” Ajay tweeted on Wednesday.
Didn’t expect such an overwhelming turnout at Bihar rallies yday, my request to administration for better arrangements next time.
— Ajay Devgn (@ajaydevgn) October 14, 2015
In fact, things went out of hand when Ajay’s admirers resorted to violence and started hurling chairs and pelting stones. According to reports, around 15 people were injured as police had to lathicharge the crowd.
- Ajay Devgn all set to play Chanakya
- Ajay Devgn, Suniel Shetty, Varun Dhawan and Sonakshi Sinha watch Salman Khan’s Race 3
- Ranbir Kapoor and Ajay Devgn come together for Luv Ranjan’s next
- Ajay Devgn: Audience’s exposure to what’s happening around the world has enabled mainstream actors to experiment
- I don’t intend to join politics: Ajay Devgn
- Violence at BJP rally in Bihar as Ajay Devgn arrives late
Later, Ajay took to Twitter to apologise to the people of Biharsharif and Nalanda for not addressing the rallies.
“Apologies for not being able to reach the rallies at Biharsharif and Nalanda since the administration did not give permission because of the unmanageable crowds,” he tweeted.
आज बिहार शरीफ और नालंदा रैली में पहुँच नहीं पाने के लिए माफ़ी बेकाबू भीड़ के कारण शासन ने अनुमति नहीं दी । pic.twitter.com/FUm3TFS9u7
— Ajay Devgn (@ajaydevgn) October 13, 2015