Deepti Naval is not one of the regular Bollywood faces that one gets to see at various fashion weeks across the country. But the “Angoor” actress, who is in the capital to attend the show by designer Sanjay Garg of the Raw Mango brand at the Spring-Summer edition of Amazon India Fashion Week (AIFW) 2016, says she is enjoying it.
“I am not a regular (at fashion weeks). I am here for Sanjay. He was showing his collection and he wanted me to be his guest. I would love to be a part of fashion weeks. I am loving it now,” Deepti told IANS post the opening show by Garg on Wednesday.
The actress, a fan of the designer’s work, was bowled over by the use of bright colours in the collection.
- ‘The Platform’: LFW’s new move to support emerging talents
- Jaya Jaitly upset with Priyanka’s ‘British aristocrat’ dress at royal wedding
- Amazon India Fashion Week AW’18: Showstoppers Bipasha Basu, Vaani Kapoor, Diana Penty and other highlights from the fashion extravaganza
- Amazon India Fashion Week: Sanjay Garg’s Debut Collection
- Amazon India Fashion Week Spring-Summer 2016: In the Folds of Style
- Raw Appeal: Amazon India Fashion Week Day 1
“I loved it. He has developed an amazing and minimalistic style which I love. The cuts and the vibrant colours were wonderful. I generally don’t wear vibrant coloured clothes…I just find them too vibrant. The parrot green pieces attracted me the most when I first saw his collection,” said Deepti, who donned a white chanderi sari designed by Garg.
The five-day fashion gala started at the NSIC Ground, Okhla with models donning fuss free saris, lehengas, wide sleeved blouses, long kurtas and salwars in bright colours like pink, green and red from Garg’s Mashru collection.