Actress Deepika Padukone, who once walked the red carpet at the Cannes Film Festival for a brand promotion, wants to be at the French Riviera again but with her film.
“I have no reason to be there but I would love to be there. I went to Cannes few years ago when I just started my career. But that was related to a brand,” Deepika said here on Friday on being asked if she would love to be at Cannes.
“Again if it is brand related then I don’t know but I would love to go there with a film,” she added.
The “Om Shanti Om” actress attended the Cannes fest gala in 2010 to promote a liquor brand and made a statement in a sari.
- Sonam Kapoor at Cannes Film Festival 2018: The newlywed stuns all in a lehenga made of ‘Starlight’
- Cannes 2018: Aishwarya Rai Bachchan, Deepika Padukone shine at the red carpet
- Deepika Padukone and Kangana Ranaut win hearts as they walk the red carpet at Cannes 2018
- Deepika Padukone, Kangana Ranaut and Mallika Sherawat grace the red carpet at Cannes 2018
- Bollywood Fashion Watch for May 10: Deepika Padukone, Kangana Ranaut pack a punch in statement wear
- Huma Qureshi to walk Cannes’ red carpet alongside Kangana Ranaut, Deepika Padukone
This year, while Katrina Kaif has made her debut at Cannes as ambassador of Loreal Paris, actresses Sonam Kapoor and Aishwarya Rai Bachchan would also be walking as ambassadors for the global cosmetic brand. In fact, Aishwarya would also be unveiling the first look of her comeback film “Jazbaa’ at the 68th Cannes International Film Festival.
Deepika, who is basking in the success of her latest release “Piku” is proud of all of them being on the French Riviera and hopes to be there one day.
“It’s a huge platform and I am extremely proud of Katrina, Sonam, Aishwarya and everyone there,” the 29-year-old said.
“Hopefully, one day I will also be able to make it there,” she added.
The Cannes film gala began on May 13 and it will conclude on May 24.