Though the duo have never shied away from expressing their affection for each other in public, they have been careful with their words.
So, it came as a surprise for many when Ranveer addressed Deepika his better half at an awards ceremony held here last night.
He came up to the stage to receive the most stylish jodi award for the pair and in his acceptance speech he said, “This is for best jodi and the better half of the jodi is not here right now but I will convey your wishes to her. Like Kareena earlier said, I have the most beautiful woman by my side… Thank you everyone.”
- Deepika Padukone posts a cute comment on Ranveer Singh’s photo
- Deepika Padukone enjoys a day out with mom Ujjala, see photos
- Cannes 2018: Deepika Padukone ‘winks’ at Ranveer Singh’s matching purple suit; Netizens call it ‘true love’
- All the times Deepika Padukone and Ranveer Singh were all set to tie the knot
- Ranveer Singh on Deepika Padukone: She’s helped me become a well-rounded human being
- Hello Hall of Fame Awards 2018: Ranveer, Deepika win big, Shah Rukh Khan adds his charm. Here’s the complete winners list
The “Bajirao Mastani” stars were honoured at the second Times of India Film Awards (TOIFA 2016).
Deepika couldn’t make it to the show as she is currently shooting for her Hollywood debut “xXx: The Return of Xander Cage” in the US.
Earlier during the award ceremony, Kareena teased Ranveer saying he has a “beautiful woman by his side,” which had the 30-year-old actor blushing.