Deepika Padukone’s latest release ‘Piku’ has taken her career graph even higher. The actress, who was until now the directors’ favourite, is now a favourite among Bengali families in Kolkata as well. The Bengali audience was so impressed with Deepika’s performance in ‘Piku’, that one family – the Sarkars even extended a dinner invitation to the actress.
- Ranveer Singh’s gesture while seeing off Deepika Padukone is too cute for words
- Before Karwaan, Irrfan Khan in another road trip movie, Piku
- Deepika Padukone posts a cute comment on Ranveer Singh’s photo
- Deepika Padukone might work in Bengali films, if gets good scripts
- Deepika Padukone’s five most loved characters: Piku and Meena from Chennai Express
- I have never been insecure: Deepika Padukone
Since the film’s release, a number of Bengali families and well wishers have been inviting Deepika Padukone to Kolkata to congratulate her on her stellar performance in the film. With several requests coming the actress’ way, Deepika decided to take some time out and visit the city last week and also attended a party, that was thrown in her honour by a Bengali family – the Sarkars.
Deepika, who looked impeccable in a Sabyasachi anarkali at the party, interacted with a lot of people who are entrenched in Bengali cinema. They all were high on praise for Deepika Padukone and also asked her if she had actually learnt the language as her diction was perfect. The warm welcome by the people made the actress feel loved and happy. The movie has managed a long run at the box office and Deepika who fits in as a Bengali perfectly has heaps of praises for her by her fans.
Having been shot in Kolkata, ‘Piku’ portrays Deepika and Amitabh Bachchan as typical Bengalis, settled in Delhi.