The third instalment of the superhit Bollywood franchise ‘Dabangg’ is on the cards. Filmmaker Arbaaz Khan says it may take one or two years to shape up.
Arbaaz, who produced ‘Dabangg’ (2010) and then directed and produced its sequel, is waiting for his brother, actor Salman Khan — the lead actor of both films — to finish all his pending assignments.
“It (‘Dabangg 3’) is in talks. Salman and I will sit sometime when he is through with his movies and all,” Arbaaz told reporters here at a book launch event.
- Salman Khan and Sonakshi Sinha announce third installment of Dabangg
- Salman Khan: If I am saying ‘kal bataunga’ after script narration, then that film is never happening
- Dabangg 3: Prabhudheva to helm Salman Khan-Sonakshi Sinha starrer
- Dabangg 3 shoot will start by middle of next year, reveals Arbaaz Khan
- I may or may not direct ‘Dabangg 3’: Arbaaz Khan
- Arbaaz Khan wants to make films besides ‘Dabangg’ series
“We will ideate on the script and it may take one or two years,” he added.
Further, he revealed that he may hand over the direction to somebody else this time but will definitely produce it.
“As of now only that department is open… maybe somebody else might direct ‘Dabangg 3’ but only I will produce it and nobody else. That’s our own franchise,” the filmmaker said.
Meanwhile, as of now, Salman is busy with his films ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Paayo’ and ‘Bajrangi Bhaijaan’. After that, he will start shooting for Karan Johar’s ‘Shuddhi’.