A case has been filed against Bollywood star Amitabh Bachchan and his son Abhishek Bachchan in a Ghaziabad court, saying they were seen covering their bodies with the national flag in a manner insulting to the nation.
Complainant Chetan Dhiman in his complaint before the judicial magistrate’s court said the actors were seen with the national flag during the India-Pakistan World Cup cricket match in Adelaide on February 15.
Dhiman’s lawyer Sanjeev Sharma said the complainant and five of his friends saw the mega star wearing the national flag in an insulting manner.
- Amitabh Bachchan shares a lovely throwback photo with Jaya Bachchan on their wedding anniversary
- Amitabh Bachchan remembers shooting at Rabindranath Tagore’s residence
- Amitabh Bachchan: I had decided that the moment Abhishek starts borrowing my shoes, we would become friends
- 102 Not Out director Umesh Shukla: Amitabh Bachchan and Rishi Kapoor were like students on sets
- 102 Not Out actor Amitabh Bachchan: Senior citizens should not be marginalised, but treated with dignity and respect
- 102 Not Out song Badumbaaa: Amitabh Bachchan and Rishi Kapoor’s antics will put a smile on your face
He said that by such an act, the internationally acclaimed cine star and his son downgraded India’s reputation.
He said the actors’ act was covered under The Prevention of Insults to National Honour Act, 1971, and the Flag Code of India, 2002, and both should be summoned before the court to face trial.