Rajkummar Rao‘s scruffy look in “Hamari Adhuri Kahani” has become the talk of the town, but there is more to come. He says donning different avatars for one film was an “interesting experience”.
The actor will be seen walking through different stages of life in the forthcoming film for which he has segued through different looks.
In the film, he plays the obsessed husband of actress Vidya Balan. His character believes his wife is his property and adopts violent methods to make her obey his orders.
From a clean shaven young guy to a look with long untidy hair to an older character’s look, Rajkummar says he handled the transformations with ease.
- Rajkummar Rao: I just don’t think about stardom
- Rajkummar Rao went 20 days with no shower for ‘Hamari Adhuri Kahani’ role
- Was hesitant about ‘Hamari Adhuri Kahani’: Rajkummar Rao
- When Rajkummar Rao dumped his shoes for film shoot
- ‘Hamari Adhuri Kahani’ trailer: An ode to Vidya, Rajkummar, Emraan
- Hamari Adhuri Kahani trailer releases: Vidya, Rajkummar and Emraan leave you teary eyed
“As actors, we get to sport different looks in our films. But this was the first time I had the opportunity to carry multiple looks in one film. It was an interesting experience,” Rajkummar said in a statement.
The “Shahid” actor will also flaunt a salt and pepper look in the film.
The Mohit Suri directorial, which also stars Emraan Hashmi, narrates a complicated love story. As the title suggests, there is a vibe of incomplete love story throughout the film.
Presented by Fox Star Studios and produced by Vishesh Films, “Hamari Adhuri Kahani” will release on June 12.