Of the many actors who came and showed their villainous streak on screen, Prem Chopra, and by the sheer noise of his name, holds a different and distinct place. Today when the veteran actor turns 80, we bring to you a list of few of the most entertaining dialogues said by him.
1. Prem naam hai mera… Prem Chopra!
2. Main woh balaa hoon, jo sheeshey se patthar ko todta hoon.
The tension in the love triangle of the 1983 movie ‘Souten’ were enhanced by the baddie, played by Prem Chopra., seemingly obsessed with glasses we guess.
3. Jinke ghar sheeshey ke hotey hain, woh batti bujhaakar kapdey badaltey hain
Another classic from ‘Souten’, redefining Prem Chopra’s obsession with glasses.
4. Kar bhalaa toh ho bhalaa
The negative hues of Chopra’s character were raised a million times with the ironic way he just used to mouth these lines in the 1994 movie ‘Raja Babu’.
5. Baat jab apni maut par aati hai na, toh saari khidkiyaan khul jaati hain
A famous dialogue from the movie ‘Doodh Ka Karz’ (1990). Rightly said, Mr Chopra.
6. Main jo aag lagaata hoon, usey bujhaana bhi jaanta hoon
Asha Parekh couln’t help but shed her tears, when Prem Chopra said these line in ‘Kati Patang’ (1970).
7. Agar opposition janta ko bhaashan deti hai, toh hum janta ko raashan dengey.
What do you know, Prem Chopra was the real ‘Khiladi’ in the 1992 release.
8. Nanga nahaayega kya, aur nichodega kya
Once again, rightly said. Mr Pitambar from Govinda starrer ‘Dulhe Raja’ couldn’t be more right.
📣 The Indian Express is now on Telegram. Click here to join our channel (@indianexpress) and stay updated with the latest headlines