Updated: May 13, 2014 3:37:11 pm
Former-adult-film actress Sunny Leone, who was last seen in ‘Jackpot’, celebrates her 33rd birthday on Tuesday (May 13). On her special day, we bring you a few lesser known facts about the actress who has been slowly yet steadily making her way into Bollywood.
The Indo-Canadian and American actress dons many hats – businesswoman, model and now Bollywood heroine.
1. Sunny Leone’s real name is Karenjit Kaur Vohra and she was born in Sarnia, Ontario. Before her foray into the adult-entertainment industry, Sunny Leone worked at a German bakery and later, a tax and retirement firm.
Best of Express Premium
2. She was also studying to be a pediatric nurse in Orange County, when she was introduced to a photographer for Penthouse.
3. Sunny Leone is said to have joined the porn industry at the age of 19. When her Punjabi parents found out about her profession, they had a hard time coming to terms with it. She studied in a Catholic school and revealed that she had her first kiss at the age of 11.
4. The actress was initially scared to make the switch from the adult-entertainment industry to Bollywood. She revealed that she was afraid to leave her life behind in the US and move to India.
5. Apart from being an actress, Sunny Leone is also a director and producer. She has directed 42 adult films and starred in 41 films.
6. Sunny Leone is currently married to Daniel Weber. Prior to that, she was engaged to Matt Erikson, vice-president of marketing at Playboy Enterprises but they broke up in 2008. She has also been romantically involved with stand-up comedian Russell Peters for a brief period in 2008.
7. Though the actress starred in thriller flick, ‘Ragini MMS 2’, Sunny Leone has revealed that she isn’t afraid of ghosts of spirits. However, Sunny Leone is terrified of insects and bugs.
8. Sunny Leone loves parathas and her favourite food is Italian.
9. She is also a total dog-person and has two dogs of her own.
Here’s wishing Sunny Leone a very Happy Birthday!
📣 Join our Telegram channel (The Indian Express) for the latest news and updates
- The Indian Express website has been rated GREEN for its credibility and trustworthiness by Newsguard, a global service that rates news sources for their journalistic standards.