It is official. Akshay Kumar‘s next release is now called ‘Gabbar Is Back‘. Though intermittently there were talks of the film being titled Main Gabbar, the idea has been quashed and the one that has made the cut is Gabbar Is Back.
Confirms our source, “To begin with, the working title of the film was Gabbar. However, due to certain reasons, it couldn’t be finalized. The idea was to get something really catchy and there were quite a few options being thrown around. Since the film’s publicity material is set to be unveiled, it was about time that a striking title was finalized. This is when Gabbar Is Back was proposed and the makers had no hesitation in green lighting it.”
While Akshay Kumar is quite gung-ho about the title (he plays the title role in the film), the producers (Sanjay Leela Bhansali, Viacom 18, Shabinaa Khan) are now gearing up to unleash the film’s promotion and marketing in quick time.
- Akshay Kumar announces the title of his next, and it is every bit a ‘Good News’
- ‘Gabbar is Back’ releases today, Akshay Kumar is ready to fight corruption
- Akshay Kumar enjoys an auto rickshaw ride as he promotes ‘Gabbar is Back’
- Akshay Kumar tweets first look of ‘Gabbar Is Back’, says ‘Ab corruption ki ulti ginti shuru’
- Watch teaser: Akshay Kumar’s ‘Gabbar is Back’, it reminds you of Sholay’s Gabbar
- Akshay Kumar to have two releases on Republic Day 2015
“The trailer would be out very soon and it is going to be an aggressive campaign,” our source adds, “Very soon, you would hear a lot about Gabbar Is Back. This is going to be a legendary character for sure and Akshay Kumar is going to be every bit that a heavy weight name like this warrants.”
While the First Look of the film is now barely days away from release, there is a 50 days plan being laid down for Gabbar Is Back, en route its release on 1st May.
“Wait and watch, it is going to be the talk of the town,” hints our source, “Akshay’s Baby stays on to be the biggest success of the year so far, both commercially as well as critically. Now with Gabbar Is Back, the actor is only going to reach out to an added audience base.”
Well, as long as director Krish (who is making his debut in Hindi films) delivers a good entertainer, audience can well be expected to be game for it. So yes, bring Gabbar back!