Updated: July 23, 2015 6:32:53 pm
‘Bajrangi Bhaijaan’s Munni aka child actor Harshaali Malhotra is the talk of the town these days. Having played the role of a mute Pakistani girl in the Salman Khan film, the little actress has been heaped with praises.
Harshaali is not new to the industry, in fact Bajrangi Bhaijaan’s Munni has done a few television shows earlier. Here are 10 things you should know about Salman Khan’s Munni.
1. She has audiences going gaga over her innocent and endearing performance in ‘Bajrangi Bhaijaan’. Seven-year-old actress Harshaali Malhotra now aims to be a big star like her co-actor Salman Khan. ‘I like acting and singing. I want to be a superstar like Salman uncle,’ she said.
Subscriber Only Stories
2. Harshaali played barbie games and table tennis with Salman Khan on the film’s sets. ‘I used to play games with Salman uncle on cell phone. I used to sit on Kabir uncle’s lap and play Barbie games. Kareena aunty was busy with shoot so did not get time to play games with her,’ she said.
3. Harshaali used to cry seeing Salman fighting or getting emotional in the film. ‘I used to cry when he (Salman) did action scenes. Even when Salman uncle shot emotional scenes, I used to feel bad. Even I cried when Salman uncle cried.’
4. Harshaali’s mother said that her daughter initially felt shy talking to Salman. ‘She was initially shy. Then they both were left alone for sometime and they got along well. Salman loves her a lot. We are happy that she got this big opportunity of working with Salman.’
5. ‘Harshaali never keeps quiet. During workshops, Mukesh (Chhabra, the casting director) used to tell me that he was worried how she could keep quiet,’ Harshaali’s mother Kajal Malhotra said.
6. Harshaali has acted in TV serials like ‘Qubool Hai’ and ‘Laut Aao Trisha’ and a few advertisements.
7. Whenever there was action or any high-pitched sound, Harshaali would get scared. But Salman (Khan) and Kabir (Khan) would make special efforts to ensure that she interacts with other co-stars by playing, after which she became comfortable during the shoot.
8. Her mother says Harshaali is now dedicated to acting. ‘Right now she is dedicated to acting. I keep giving gap in between. Sometime back she was unwell, so we had stopped doing assignments… she is too small.”
9. She had a good tuning with Kabir. Whenever she did not understand anything in a scene she would directly ask Kabir uncle about it.
10. Harshaali Malhotra studies in Mumbai’s Seven Square Academy. While shooting for ‘Bajrangi Bhaijaan’, she missed her school for a few days. ‘I did not go to school for seven days or so.”
📣 Join our Telegram channel (The Indian Express) for the latest news and updates
- The Indian Express website has been rated GREEN for its credibility and trustworthiness by Newsguard, a global service that rates news sources for their journalistic standards.