“I was shocked by the response from the media. Media has supported this film a lot. It’s made at a budget of Rs.25 crore. This is my smallest budget film but, media has supported this film a lot,” said Varun, who has featured in big banner movies ‘Student of the Year’ and ‘Humpty Sharma Ki Dulhania’.
- Varun Dhawan on Sui Dhaaga: It is a raw and fun film
- Anushka-Varun at Express Adda: When we land in trouble, no one helps, we don’t want to take out morchas
- Sui Dhaaga actor Varun Dhawan: I was born to be an entertainer
- We haven’t just made a film: Varun Dhawan on his passionate project ‘Badlapur’
- The Badlapur Journey
- Varun Dhawan’s energy levels inspire co-actor Nawazuddin Siddiqui
Directed by Sriram Raghavan, ‘Badlapur’ also stars Yami Gautam and Huma Qureshi.
Varun, known for his chocolate boy image, says it was difficult to get into the character of the new film, set to release Feb 20.
“Lot of preparation was needed for this film. Sriram planned everything very well. We shot in Igatpuri. It was difficult to get into the character because I am not that person in real life, but Sriram helped me a lot,” he said.