It was no surprise that SS Rajamouli’s epic release ‘Baahubali’ took the Box Office by storm down South. Said to have been made on a budget of Rs.250 crore, including the upcoming second part in the franchise, the film collected between Rs.60 crore to Rs.70 crore on the first day worldwide.
In its Hindi version, it netted Rs.5.15 crore on the first day, making it the highest opening for a dubbed film.
- How Baahubali 2 became the biggest film of 2017: A look back at the SS Rajamouli film’s earth-shattering box office performance
- ‘Baahubali’s dubbed Hindi version earns Rs 120 cr in 50 days of release
- SS Rajamouli’s ‘Baahubali’ enters Rs. 300 crore club
- ‘Baahubali’ is India’s fastest Rs.100 crore film
- SS Rajamouli’s ‘Baahubali’ is India’s biggest opener, shatters many records
- SS Rajamouli’s ‘Baahubali’ mints Rs 60 cr on day one, becomes highest opener
However, said to be the most expensive Indian film ever made, the Hindi version of ‘Baahubali’ has now entered the much-coveted Rs 100 crore club, collecting Rs 1.60 crore on Friday, Rs 2.70 crore on Saturday and Rs 3.40 crore on Sunday.
Trade analyst Taran Adarsh shared the number on Twitter.
#Baahubali [dubbed Hindi version] has set a new BENCHMARK [Week 4] Fri 1.60 cr, Sat 2.70 cr, Sun 3.40 cr. Total: ₹ 103.51 cr. ATBB.
— taran adarsh (@taran_adarsh) August 3, 2015
The film stars Prabhas, Rana Daggubati, Tamannaah Bhatia and Anushka Shetty.