SS Rajamouli‘s ‘Baahubali’ is still minting money at box office even after 50 days of its release. The movie made a whopping Rs. 120 crore in the first 50 days of its release through its dubbed Hindi version. The movie had collected Rs. 500 cr in just first three weeks of its release.
Prabhas and Rana Daggubati-starrer hit around 4,000 screens worldwide in Telugu, Tamil, Hindi and Malayalam languages.
Also starring Ramya Krishna, Anushka and Tamannaah in the lead roles, the film is touted as one of the most expensive films made in the country with a reported budget of about Rs 200 crore.
- Baahubali prequel to unravel on Netflix. Here are all the deets
- Baahubali 2 China box office collection: Prabhas starrer fails to break records in opening weekend
- Baahubali 2 earns over 2 million in China on opening day
- How Baahubali 2 became the biggest film of 2017: A look back at the SS Rajamouli film’s earth-shattering box office performance
- Baahubali 2 set to cross Rs 100 crore in Tamil Nadu, destroys Rajinikanth’s Kabali records
- Baahubali 2 box office collection: Prabhas film rules North America, Australia and New Zealand, gets a rare release in Russia too
The film, much appreciated for its visual and other special effects, is a period action drama that took nearly three years to complete.
However, the film left the narrative incomplete as a second part is expected to be released next year. Presented by ace filmmaker Karan Johar in Hindi, the movie received appreciation from veterans like Amitabh Bachchan.
Bollywood superstar Shah Rukh Khan is the latest film personality to praise the hard work that had gone into the making of the movie.
This is the first film in the country to have performed exponentially at the box office.