Ayushmann Khurrana and Yami Gautam, who created a stir with their onscreen chemistry in “Vicky Donor”, will be teaming up again for Rochak Kohli’s romantic single “Yahin Hoon Main”, to be produced and presented by Bhushan Kumar.
Kumar has worked with Ayushmann and Rochak during “Nautanki Saala” and the actor’s song “Mitti Di Khushboo”.
For the video of “Yahin Hoon Main”, director Amit Roy shot in the picturesque Chail region of Himachal Pradesh.
“It’s a nostalgic song that plays out from Yami’s point of view. Ayushmann’s playback is beautiful. I knew I had to direct the song the moment I heard it,” said Roy.
“I wanted to set the song against a romantic backdrop. It was a two-day schedule. We shot at a beautiful palace that was converted into a college campus and the cottages within its premises were shown as the houses the leads live in,” he added.
- I would probably love to do playback for Shah Rukh Khan: Ayushmann Khurrana
- Ayushmann Khurrana feels he’s better composer than singer
- My chemistry with Yami Gautam is organic: Ayushmann Khurrana
- Making singles more gratifying than film songs: Ayushmann Khurrana
- Yami Gautam looks gorgeous in new single with Ayushmann Khurrana
- Singing adds to my credibility as an artist: Ayushmann Khurrana
Roy also says that Ayushmann and Yami share a great onscreen chemistry and its good to work with them.
“It’s surprising that they haven’t been cast together even after delivering a hit like ‘Vicky Donor’ when Bollywood is known to cash in on hit pairs,” he said.
The song required Ayushmann and Yami to play college students who grow into mature individuals.
“While I think both of them can carry off any look, we had a lot of help from our stylists,” said the director.