Ayushmann Khurrana, who made a successful Bollywood debut with “Vicky Donor” in 2012, doesn’t want to go on a film-signing spree.
After the success of his “unusual Yash Raj Films’ movie without gloss and chiffon saris” titled “Dum Laga Ke Haisha”, which followed three duds including Rohan Sippy’s “Nautanki Saala!”, Ayushmann has two more films in hand. And he is okay with that.
“I’ve been always very careful about scripts, but you can’t predict (which one will work). My next two films (‘Agra Ka Daabra’ and untitled Yash Raj Films’ movie) are very important,” Ayushmann, who is reteaming with his “Vicky Donor” team — producer John Abraham and director Shoojit Sircar — for “Agra Ka Daabra”, told IANS.
“I don’t know which one I’ll be filming first. The shooting is expected to be in winter and it will release next year,” he added.
- Ayushmann Khurrana: Ranveer Singh is the most energetic actor around
- Will work with ‘Vicky Donor’ director again: Ayushmann Khurrana
- Working with John Abraham, Shoojit Sircar is ‘homecoming’ for Ayushmann Khurrana
- Will act in Punjabi film if I get a good script: Ayushmann Khurrana
- Ayushmann Khurrana in talks for Udta Punjab
- Ayushmann Khurrana: In no mad rush to sign films
The father of two, who is also a singer, says he likes to be selective.
“I take it slow. I’ve always been very selective. I am also doing gigs and coming out with a single. I am composing something very fresh. I like to take it easy. Personal life is not a botheration in my film or music career.
“My family is in Chandigarh. I travel a lot,” said the actor, who will also co-host IIFA Rocks, an exclusive music extravaganza, with Parineeti Chopra in June in Kuala Lumpur.