Actress Anushka Sharma says she didn’t expect anything from her offbeat debut production film “NH10” in terms of numbers, but what has made her joyous is watching the audience clap towards the end of the movie.
“NH10”, directed by Navdeep Singh, also stars Neil Bhoopalam. It is about a couple on a road journey.
- From an outsider to an unconventional producer: How Anushka Sharma navigated through Bollywood on her own terms
- Being an outsider proved an advantage for me: Anushka Sharma
- Anushka Sharma game for more films like NH10
- Anushka Sharma’s debut production ‘NH10’ releases today
- Anushka Sharma on A-certificate for ‘NH10’: Stayed true to story, subject
- ‘NH10’ talks about friction between different Indias: Director Navdeep Singh
Anushka is glad that it has not just managed to find critical acclaim, but also the audiences’ appreciation.
“It feels great that such films are being appreciated. I expected nothing from this film because that’s how I am….you should just do your work, and then numbers will follow you.”
“We didn’t expect anything, didn’t put any mark (for profits), so it’s been great,” Anushka said here.
The actress says the one point she felt victorious was while watching the film with the audience.
“I’ve seen the film with the audience and they clapped towards the end. That has never happened…so, to see people clapping at the end of the film is very satisfying,” she added.