Arshad Warsi-starrer gangster drama “Babloo Shrivastava”, a bipoic on the popular underworld don, has been shelved.
“Khiladi 786” helmer Ashish R Mohan, who was directing the film, said they left the project as they were not happy with the way script was shaping up.
“I feel we should not make anything which you are not satisfied with. The story was not coming from our heart. We tried a lot but at the end we decided to not do ‘Babloo Shrivastava’,” Ashish told PTI.
- Rajkumar Hirani confirms new Munna Bhai film. Here are all the details
- Total Dhamaal: Jaaved Jaaferi as Manav and Arshad Warsi as Adi promise another laughter riot
- Golmaal Again actor Arshad Warsi: I found Rohit Shetty very competent
- Arshad Warsi to play gangster in Manish Vatsalya’s ‘Babloo’
- Arshad and Irrfan to play sailors in Welcome To Karachi
- Arshad Warsi: Dedh Ishqiya’s Babban believes in lust,not love
The script was written by “Zilla Ghaziabad” writer Vinay Sharma, who had been working on the story for sometime now.
Ashish is back with his second film “Welcome to Karachi”, also starring Warsi in the lead, after a gap of three years.
Hitting theatres on May 21, the political satire also features Jackky Bhagnani and American dancer Lauren Gottlieb.