It’s a big day in the ‘Khandaan’ as their youngest daughter, Arpita Khan, is all set to get married to her long time beau Aayush Sharma. The wedding will take place tonight at the Falaknuma Palace in Hyderabad.
Salman Khan and his family have left no stone unturned to make this day the most special in the baby sister’s life. From the guest list to the menu for dinner, the wedding is all about royalty. So, what all can one expect from the D Day? Let’s have a look.
– That’s how the bride to be, Arpita Khan, looks….errrmmm…but from behind. Arpita is wearing this majestic looking off white lehenga.
– The Khan family – Arbaaz, Sohail, Seema, Malaika with their kids, along with Amrita and other close friends have already reached Hyderabad and are all set for the grand bash.
– What’s a wedding without the ‘Dulhan ke bhai’ dancing? The wedding will be made more celebratory with the three Khan brothers – Salman, Arbaaz, Sohail – performing at the wedding, or so we hear.
– The guest list features names like Aamir Khan, Ajay Devgn, Akshay Kumar, Karan Johar, Kareena Kapoor Khan, Subhash Ghai and many others. From down South, Kamal Haasan, Vijay, Chiranjeevi, Venkatesh, Suresh Babu are expected to attend the ceremony. At the time of filing this article, Katrina Kaif had already reached the Hyderabad airport. She is also expected to perform at the wedding.
Actress Priyanka Chopra has also been spotted at the airport with her mother. Whether she will perform at the wedding or not is a mystery.
– Singer Mika Singh is also all set to perform at the wedding. He put a picture of him with Salman Khan on Instagram and captioned, “I have already done so many performances this month..But tonight is going to be a special one with family! My best wishes to dear #Arpita #Aayush and many many congratulations to @BeingSalmanKhan bhai and the entire family.”
– The wedding is slated to take place at the famous and historical Falaknuma Palace in Hyderabad. The whole palace had been booked for the family and close friends for about five days, with Rs 2 cr been shelled out on it alone.
– Salman Khan has reportedly invited Prime Minister Narendra Modi to the wedding reception. He went to invite Modi with his elder sister Alvira Khan. It remains to be seen whether the Prime Minister will attend the ceremonies.
– Interestingly, the groom’s side has invited Sonia Gandhi to the wedding along with Rahul Gandhi and Himachal Pradesh Governor with the entire state cabinet as Aayush happens to be the grandson of former telecommunications minister Sukh Ram and younger son of Himachal Pradesh cabinet minister Anil Sharma. But reportedly, the Congress President is not expected to join in the celebrations.
– Shah Rukh Khan’s ‘kiss’ gesture at Arpita’s sangeet has already amassed a lot of headlines. And we expect many more such awesome ‘Karan Arjun’ moments at other wedding ceremonies. Will we be able to? It’s also reported that the SRK Salman patch up didn’t let Aamir sleep. That’s because the two Khans informed the third Khan about their ‘kiss and make up’ late at night or shall we say very early in the morning.
– Talking about the delicacies, reports say it’s the Hyderabadi cuisine that will dominate the menu today. Hyderabadi Biryani and Haleem can be expected at the buffet.
– Guess who’s doing Arpita’s make up at the ceremonies? Former Miss World Aishwarya Rai Bachchan’s (who also happens to be Salman’s ex girlfriend) make up artist Daniel Bauer.
– The latest we hear is Salman has planned to give a 3 BHK terrace flat to his darling sister as her wedding gift. The flat is said to be costing around Rs 16 Cr and is situated in one of the poshest areas of Mumbai – Carter Road. It’s also touted to be very close to Galaxy Apartments – just 5 mins drive – where Salman stays with his family.
What adds to this expenses-no-bar wedding is the hype generated around it. Arpita certainly has the blessings of everybody as she was instrumental in bringing the ‘Karan Arjun’ together and for good. The hashtag #HappyMarriedLifeArpita has been trending on Twitter since morning.
We wish the lucky sister and the couple a happy married life!