Salman Khan certainly has no love lost for Arijit Singh. So much so that he refuses to acknowledge the singer’s existence, and much of that has to do with the latter’s Facebook post where he pleaded for Salman’s forgiveness and repeatedly beseeched him to retain his (Arijit’s) voice in Sultan. Of course, that was not meant to be and Arijit’s version was replaced by that of Pakistani singer Rahat Fateh Ali Khan. When Salman was asked about the Arijit Singh controversy, the superstar smirked, “Who is that?”
When scribes repeated the question, Salman once again feigned ignorance before finally replying,”Acha that singer.”
- Arijit Singh never sang for Welcome To New York: Producer Vashu Bhagnani
- Salman Khan gets Arijit Singh’s song replaced in Welcome to New York?
- Arijit Singh to sing for Salman Khan’s Tubelight?
- Arijit Singh returns to TV, to judge music reality TV show
- Salman Khan is really angry and I hope things will be okay soon, says Arijit Singh
- Arijit Singh posts a heartfelt letter on Facebook, pleading Salman Khan to retain his song in Sultan; deletes it later
Commenting on the episode, Salman said, “In every movie, there are lot of singers who get replaced. People come and sing and it’s the director and producer who make the choice of who is going to be the best voice for the film. One voice was mine as well but that was also rejected. There is no need to get so upset and so hurt. This is life.”
Taking a subtle dig at Arijit’s public apology through a Facebook post, Salman said, “There should be a day when one person should say I don’t want to sing for him and then other one should say, ‘arre please gaa de mere liye. I am sorry.’ And then smart ones don’t turn out bright. When such smart comments and posts happen, you get to know with what intention they are writing it. So it is all good.”