Fresh from the success of her production debut “NH10”, actress Anushka Sharma says she is excited about her new dual role and promises to back films in future regarded as “risky”.
“When I read the script it was like any other film I did. It excited me so much that I wanted to make sure that it happened,” the 26-year-old Bollywood star, who is here to attend the screening of the “NH10” at the Beijing Film Festival, told PTI.
- Anushka Sharma on her role in Zero: I was very nervous as I didn’t want to let down the character
- Anushka Sharma: I want to do films that speak with people on a different level
- Anushka Sharma: Would’ve been hurt, confused if Sui Dhaaga wasn’t appreciated
- Anushka-Varun at Express Adda: When we land in trouble, no one helps, we don’t want to take out morchas
- Women actors must push for better pay, says Varun; no equal ground, says Anushka
- Anushka Sharma dazzles at ‘NH10’ screening in Beijing
“I think it is a wonderful process of transformation from an actress to a producer,” she said giving credit to director Navdeep Singh and writer Sudip Sharma for bringing up such a theme that she could not resist.
“In future also we would like to back films that can be considered slightly risky since they don’t have song and dance,” she added.
Anushka got a rousing reception when she attended the film’s premiere at the festival with a number of Indians turning up to catch a glimpse of their favourite star.
About her transformation, the actress said, “For me as an actor it is brilliant that I can do both song-dance films and also something like ‘NH10’. It is versatility which every actor aspires,” she said.
About India-China film co-operation, Navdeep said it is a great opportunity and great market to work on beyond regular market.
With the co-production treaty in place, it would facilitate films outside the standard Bollywood format, he said.