He has worked with industry’s top most directors but Nawazuddin Siddiqui says it is Anurag Kashyap with whom he shares a special chemistry as the filmmaker shocks the actor in him every time they work together.
The formidable pair of Nawazuddin and Anurag are back together for an upcoming project tentatively titled “Raman Raghav” after giving two big hits “Gangs of Wasseypur- Part 1” and “Gangs of Wasseypur- Part 2”.
“It has been a dream to work with Anurag Kashyap and when you work with a director again you already know a lot about him… You know how he thinks and works.
“So it becomes easy. Sometimes, Anurag gets such things done from me, I don’t even get to know what he is thinking while making me do those things that shock me as an actor. And that is what chemistry between the actor and the director. The director throws a ball at you and you have to then manage…,” Nawazuddin told PTI.
- I cannot believe the reception all of you have given Sacred Games: Vikramaditya Motwane
- Anurag Kashyap on working with Nawazuddin Siddiqui: When we get bored, we’ll divorce each other
- Sacred Games actor Nawazuddin Siddiqui: I don’t think I am repeating myself or even the characters
- Anurag Kashyap: Vikram Chandra has written amazing love letters to Vikramaditya Motwane after watching Sacred Games
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui: I’ve never treated my characters as gangsters, I look at them as humans
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui: I will play Thackeray with the same honesty with which I played Manto
When asked about the reports that he is playing a serial killer in the movie, whose shooting began earlier this month, the 41-year-old actor said, “People are saying I am playing a killer in the film but I don’t like to comment on it because I think talking about the character before the film kills the curiosity.”
Nawazuddin will be next seen in superstar Shah Rukh Khan-starrer “Raees”.