Filmmaker Anurag Kashyap has confirmed that his next directorial venture will be a psychological-horror, titled “Giddy”.
It is one of the three projects, which are a part of the collaboration between Kashyap’s Phantom Films and US production house, Blumhouse Productions.
“I will direct ‘Giddy’ next. It is a psychological-horror. We are almost done writing the script. Once that’s done, we will decide the cast,” Kashyap told PTI in an interview.
The other two projects under this tie-up are— “Ghoul”, a horror movie starring Radhika Apte in lead, and Hindi remake of Qaushiq Mukherjee’s horror film “Ludo”.
Mukherjee, popularly known as Q, will helm the remake.
- Imaikka Nodigal starring Nayanthara and Anurag Kashyap cleared for release
- Manmarziyaan song Grey Walaa Shade: The Amit Trivedi number is about multiple aspects of love
- Aishwarya Rai Bachchan and Abhishek Bachchan to star in Gulab Jamun
- Anurag Kashyap’s Manmarziyaan to release on September 21
- Anurag Kashyap on working with Nawazuddin Siddiqui: When we get bored, we’ll divorce each other
- After Sacred Games, Phantom Films to release horror series Ghoul on Netflix
Phantom Films has also partnered with Netflix for the streaming giant’s first original Indian series.
Talking about these international collaborations, Kashyap says, “It’s good for our (Phantom’s) growth, we are also four different partners so somewhere this gives us freedom. The company is growing and anything that helps it in growing will give us more power to make the kind of stuff we want to.”
Phantom Films and Netflix will adapt Vikram Chandra’s novel “Sacred Games”, work on which is yet to begin.
Meanwhile, Kashyap is gearing up for the release of his crime-thriller “Raman Raghav 2.0”.
Starring Nawazuddin Siddiqui and Vicky Kaushal in lead roles, the film will hit theatres this Friday.