Quadri shot to fame as a writer with Kashyap’s 2012 crime-drama “Gangs of Wasseypur”.
“I am grateful to Shoeb Ahmed and Prateek Entertainment, who have backed me tremendously. Even Anurag Sir’s guidance was very helpful,” Zeishan said in a statement.
“Meeruthiya Gangsters” stars Jaideep Ahlawat, Mukul Dev, Sanjay Mishra, Nushrat Bharucha of “Pyar Ka Punchnama” fame, Ashish Dahiya, Brijendra Kala, and Ishita Sharma.
- Zeishan Quadri begins research for ‘Gangs of Wasseypur 3’
- Anurag Kashyap wants Zeishan Quadri to direct ‘Gangs Of Wasseypur 3’?
- Anurag Kashyap ‘proud’ of ‘Meeruthiya Gangsters’
- First look of Zeishan Quadri’s ‘Meeruthiya Gangsters’ out
- I don’t write films keeping censor board in mind: ‘Gangs Of Wasseypur’ writer Zeishan Quadri
- GoW writer Zeishan Quadri ready with two ‘real’ life stories
The film chronicles the tale of six friends, who enter the realm of crime in the wild city of Meerut.
Quadri, who also played the role of Definite Khan in “Gangs of Wasseypur 2”, said taking the role of a director was challenging.
“Taking this new turn of my life into direction was not easy, but I’ve always relished facing challenges in life. This is my first film as director and I am really keen to see the response to the teaser poster of the film,” Zeishan said.
The film is scheduled to release on September 18.