Indian filmmaker Anurag Kashyap will be a part of the jury for the New Currents competition in the Asian films section at the 20th Busan International Film Festival.
The director is known for his films “Dev D”, “Gangs of Wasseypur” and “Ugly”.
The five-member jury will be headed by Taiwanese actress-director Sylvia Chang. Other three jurors include South Korean film director Kim Tae-yong, German actress Nastassja Kinski, and film critic Stephanie Zacharek.
- Anurag Kashyap steps down as MAMI board member
- Manoj Bajpayee’s Bhonsle premieres at Busan International Film Festival
- Manmarziyaan row: A timeline of everything that has happened so far
- Always wanted to be part of films that matter: Shweta Tripathi
- Hansal Mehta’s ‘Aligarh’ to premiere at Busan Film Festival
- Vicky Kaushal’s ‘Zubaan’ to open Busan International Film Festival
Since the inception of the festival in 1996, the New Currents section presents current trends in Asian films by discovering and introducing new filmmakers.
The five jurors will be in the festival to assess the films nominated in this category. The two selections will each be awarded 30,000 USD at the closing ceremony.
The ten-day festival will run from October 1—10.