Bollywood actor Anupam Kher will be seen playing an Indian-American paediatric oncologist in the upcoming Gerard Butler-starrer “The Headhunter’s Calling’.
The film, which just began principal photography last week in Toronto, centres on ruthless corporate headhunter Dane Jensen (Butler), who works at Blackridge Recruiting arranging jobs for engineers.
He is on his way to achieving his longtime work goal of taking over the company, when his ten-year-old son falls ill and his personal and professional priorities clash.
Kher, 60, has earlier worked in international films like “Bend It Like Beckham” (2002), “Bride And Prejudice” (2004) and 2012′ “Silver Linings Playbook”.
- Everything you should know about former FTII chairman Anupam Kher’s American show
- Anupam Kher wraps up the shoot of The Accidental Prime Minister, says he ‘wrongly judged’ former PM Manmohan Singh
- Anupam Kher on New Amsterdam: In a hospital, the only religion that is practiced is humanity
- Anupam Kher’s US TV series New Amsterdam to premiere on NBC
- Anupam Kher’s The Headhunter’s Calling to premiere at TIFF
- Anupam Kher wraps up ‘The Headhunters Calling’ shoot
The actor, who flew into freezing temperature of Toronto Monday, is excited about the script and his role in the film.
“This is one of the most powerful scripts I have read in recent times and working with Gerald is great fun,” Kher told PTI.
“Anytime I shoot for a foreign film I always keep in mind to represent my country. That helps me in performing my best.”
“The Headhunter’s Calling” is written by Bill Dubuque, who has earlier penned the Oscar-nominated movie, “The Judge” and “The Accountant”.
Williams and Butler will produce along with Alan Siegel. Dubuque and Danielle Robinson will serve as executive producers, along with Dan Bekerman of Scythia Films. No release date has been set yet.
Kher’s upcoming Bollywood projects include Indian cricketer Mahendra Singh Dhoni’s biopic, directed by Neeraj Pandey.
Kher is playing the role of Dhoni’s father, while the World Cup winning captain will be played by actor Sushant Singh Rajput.