“Andaz Apna Apna 2”, the film inspired by the 1994 Salman-Aamir starrer comedy of the same name, would go on the floors very soon.
“It is to be noted that the rights of the film remain with Vinay Pictures and have not been sold to Phantom Films,” Priti Sinha, Director, Reel Life Entertainment (I) Pvt Ltds said.
- Sanju actor Ranbir Kapoor, a worthy product of the ‘N’ word
- Salman Khan is a gifted human being: Aamir Khan
- Aamir Khan still a fan of ‘Andaz Apna Apna’, wears t-shirt with Crime Master Gogo’s face
- Andaz Apna Apna turns 20: All you wanted to know about the cult classic
- Celebrating the 20th anniversary of Aamir, Salman’s madcap ‘Andaz Apna Apna’
- To Us, Our Own
“Vinay Sinha has not sold the rights to Phantom Films or anybody else as reported by a section of media. Also, the film is not a remake of the original ‘Andaz Apna Apna’,”
Priti, daughter of Vinay Sinha, told PTI. The original film, a comic caper directed by Rajkumar Santoshi, featured an ensemble cast of Aamir, Salman, Karisma Kapoor, Raveena Tandon, Paresh Rawal, Shakti Kapoor, Shehzad Khan, Viju Khote and Javed Khan, with cameo appearances by Govinda and Juhi Chawla.
Mehmood, Jagdeep and Deven Verma also appeared in pivotal roles.